As prepared by Chef Amy McCray of Eva Restaurant for her cooking demonstration on May 26, 2010 at Wallingford Farmers Market.
- 3 Tb Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Young Sweet Onions, cut into rings
- 1 Tb Chopped Garlic
- 1 cup Sugar Snap Peas, cut on a bias
- 1 bunch Flowering Arugula, roughly chopped or substitute another green such as chard or a beet green
- 3 Tb Young Parmesan
- ¼ cup Chive Blossoms
- 1 lb Fresh Pasta
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced spring onions and sauté until soft. Add the chopped garlic.
- Add the sugar snaps and saute until slightly softened. Add the flowering arugula and sauté until it starts to wilt.
- When the arugula is added to the pan, cook the pasta in boiling water according to package directions. Strain and toss into the vegetables. Drizzle with additional olive oil if needed. Season to taste.
- Garnish with grated cheese and the chive blossoms.